.htaccess in WAMP Server (in WordPress local installation) showing internal server error 500, how to solve it?
The solution is :
- Left Mouse Click on Wampserver icon in the System Tray in Windows7/XP etc and
- Goto Apache -> httpd.conf
- a file will open and in it
- and search “#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so”.
- Remove the # as below and save it as follows
- LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
- then restart all service.
Actually you need to enable the mod_rewrite module in Apache server. In the httpd.conf file, the configuration file of Apache, find “LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so” and remove the pound (#) symbol from the beginning of this line and then save the file and restart WAMP by left mouse click- restart all services.
Also in some cases you need to change AllowOverride none in the httpd.conf to AllowOverride all as well. Read it in wordpress forum
Reference Reading :Some more information on Apache HTACCESS internal server error 500 in Wamp or wordpress installation in wamp server visit this page